Monday, November 26, 2007

Davis' Australia Experience!

In Australia, it really struck me that I was half way around the globe. I have traveled almost all the way around the world; nearly every continent. I realized how lucky I was to have this experience. Not many people get to experience something like this. I also realized that I will probably not get this experience again, so I have to make the best of it.

During our week in Australia, I got to see some pretty amazing sights. I got to see a play in the Sydney Opera House called Vienna Woods, I got to go to Bondi Beach and see a sculpture exhibition, and I got to go to the Blue Mountains. It is so surreal because these sights are world-renown and everyone knows about these places, and I get to see them.

The Opera House was so cool! It is amazing standing beside such a wonder of the world. I saw a play called Vienna Woods. Surprisingly, it was not very expensive; only 28$ for someone under 30. The play was quite good too!

It was quite a task to get there (Subways, trams, buses) but when we got to Bondi, it was such a beautiful little town/beach. We saw a sculpture exhibition that was going on while we were down there. A whole bunch of sculptures made of various mediums were on display by a whole bunch of different artists from all around the world.

On the second last day, I went to the Blue Mountains on a tour bus. We got to hike around the area and explore on our own, then they took us for lunch in a little town, and then we went to the Animal Refuge Zoo. I got to pet a koala! It was so soft! Kangaroos were just jumping around the park, so I got to interact with them as well!

Those were the main excitements of my time in Sydney. I am a little disappointed in myself because most of the time in Sydney, I was sitting around, going to Starbucks in the same place everyday. I did see some pretty cool things, but I felt like I could have done more. Hopefully, I will get to go back to Australia for a longer duration in the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.