Sunday, November 18, 2007

Here’s My Update!

New Zealand was definitely my favourite port so far. It was really interesting being in a metropolis environment again! The city was so beautiful. It reminded me of Vancouver so much. The great part about New Zealand is that you can enjoy the busy city, but also escape to the beautiful outskirts.

The first day, Erik, Melanie, Amanda, and I all went out to explore the city. It had been a while since I hung out with the staff, so it was good to spend the day with them; like old times. We walked around Queen St, which was the main hub of the downtown area. We visited a few stores, and then went for lunch in a beautiful Thai place called Mai-Thai. It was so good! We came to the conclusion that it was so good because we had been eating ship food for so long and that we finally ate something with decent taste. After that, Erik and I went on our ‘tech hunt’. We sat in Starbucks, enjoying high-speed internet over a good Chai Latte. Decent internet is such a surprise to everyone now, because we have been stuck with the horrible internet on board the ship. After we checked all of our e-mails and local news, we left Starbucks and went to camera and computer shops. Only if I had money… . We bought the new Mac operating system for Erik which he was pretty excited about. The Mac store was so cool! Everyone has Mac computers on board the ship. They are so awesome! I want one so bad. Christmas? Haha, I wish. After our hunting, we were tired, so we returned to the ship.

The next day, Dad and I went to the outlet mall! It was huge! I bought so much. I bought 2 hoodies, 2 tees, 1 dress shirt (very classy), 1 blue tie, and a book. It was great bargains! I couldn’t have passed them up.

The third day, dad and I went on our big adventure! Great F&S (father/son) time! He gave the general speal on what we did, so I won’t chronologically spell it out for you. My favourite places were the sand dunes, where we enjoyed sand boarding! Dad had the record for farthest run, but I conquered him by only a foot on my last run! Me and dad conquered the hill. Nobody touched our records. I also enjoyed Cape Reinga, the very northern tip of New Zealand. It was a beautiful view. We took a whole bunch of pictures there! We had an amazing, life-changing time together.

When we got back on day 6, Dad got to go cycling! I hung out with some people, and we went to Esquires for more coffee and internet. I was surprised to see Mom and Lex online! I went on webcam and they got to see me in New Zealand, and I got to talk to them! I also got to talk to all of my friends at home! It made me really miss all of them, but not much longer until I can again!

Davis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you Davis. It sure sounds like you are having a fantastic time! It snowed here on Tuesday and it's been -11 most mornings - so I'm sure you are glad to be where you are and not visiting us! Grandpa Hammer is coming on the weekend to see one of Sem's soccer games - at least he will if the roads aren't too bad, we're expecting more snow on Sunday. We're also looking at coming to visit you in February for a few days, so get the slide show warmed up! We can hardly wait to see your pictures! Auntie Mary